Ammonium Polyphosphate APP Fire Retardant Chemicals Flame Retardant Halogen Free
Contact me for free samples and coupons.
Wechat: 0086 18588475571
If you have any concern, we provide 24-hour online help.x
|Appearance||White Powder||Addition Volume||20%-27%|
|Black Peak||Class A||Smoke||Low And Nontoxic|
|Viscosity||Low||Shelf Life||2 Years|
|Product||Ammonium Polyphosphate Flame Retardant||Application||Steel, Plastic, Wood, PP,PE|
APP Fire Retardant Chemicals,
Halogen Free Fire Retardant Chemicals,
PE Ammonium Polyphosphate Flame Retardant
Ammonium Polyphosphate Flame Retardant Halogen Free APP Fire Retardant Chemicals
Shifang Taifeng is a manufacture of Ammonium Polyphosphate(APP) with 18years experience. APP is a halogen-free flame retardant widely used for wood flame retardant and fire retardant coatings.
TF-201, it is equal to Clariant Exolit AP422 for intumescent coating. It is widely used for fire coatings on wood and metal, and also for plywood, wood plastic composites.
Synonyms: Ammonium polyphosphate;polyphosphoric acids ammonium salts;APP;ammonium polyphosphate flame retardant.
1. Halogen-free and environmentally friendly flame retardant
2. Low water solubility, extremely low aqueous solution viscosity, low acid value
3. Good thermal stability, migration resistance and precipitation resistance
4. The particle size is extremely small, especially suitable for occasions with high particle size requirements, such as high-end fireproof coatings, textiles
Coating, polyurethane rigid foam, sealant, etc.;
5. Biodegradable into phosphorus and nitrogen compounds
Ammonium polyphosphate (APP) is an organic salt of polyphosphoric acid and ammonia. As a chemical, it is non-toxic, environmentally friendly and halogen-free. It is most commonly used as a flame retardant, selection of the specific grade of ammonium polyphosphate can be determined by the solubility, Phosphorus content, chain length and polymerization degree. The chain length (n) of this polymeric compound can be linear or branched. Depending on the polymerization degree, there are two main families of ammonium polyphosphate: Crystal phase I APP (or APP I), and Crystal phase II APP (or APP II).
APP Phase II has an high polymerization degree, with n>1000, its structure is cross linked (branched), and it is an high-quality non-halogenated flame retardant. APP phase II, Ammonium polyphosphate, has an higher thermal stability (the decomposition starts at approximately 275°C) and lower water solubility than APP I.
1. used to prepare many kinds of high-efficiency intumescent coating, the flameproof treatment for wood, multistory building, ships, trains, cables, etc.
2. used as the main flameproof additive for expanding-type flame retardant used in plastic, resin, rubber, etc.
3. make into powder extinguishing agent to be used in large-area outfire for forest, oil field and coal field, etc.
4. In plastics(PP, PE, etc. ), Polyester, Rubber, and Expandable fireproof coatings.
5. used for textile coatings.
How does flame retardant work?
Ammonium polyphosphate has a key useful property - flame retardant due to thermal expansion. Intumescent coatings will expand when exposed to high temperatures to against fire, and polyphosphate acid appears on the substrate (metal, wood). It is a product of dehydration and heating. If we are talking about a surface of organic matter, then a carbon film is formed. It does not allow fire to spread. It works like this - a large volume of non-combustible gases is generated, a thick foam appears, which acts as a layer of thermal insulation, and as a result, the material is protected from air and ceases to heat up.
When fire retardant paint burns, it emits some smoke. It contains very few toxic gases, so the coating is classified as non-hazardous. For paint, which includes such a flame retardant, the price is determined by its other components and the resulting properties. The material meets all the requirements of passive fire protection, which are presented to modern compositions.